Saturday, February 2, 2013

Not Gambling?


There are some interesting bets that can be made on the Super Bowl.  One is Frank Gore's yardage vs. Louisville's score v. someone.

Personally, I don't like to bet.  Basically, I am cheap and don't want to lose the money.

However, the Super Bowl is one of the most bet on games.  There are a lot of bets that can be made like first TD person/ team/ offense or defense and scores at quarters, win/ lose, etc.

Though I do have some investments in mutual funds and stocks.  Perhaps they are worst bets then gambling.  In bets it is easy to see if you won or lost quickly.  With stocks, you buy it at a price and it goes up or down and you have to decide whether to sell or buy more and when to sell.  I like to say that even if the stock is down from when I bought it you don't lose money until you sell it.

I recently bought a stock that went down 20+% the day after I bought, fortunately I did not buy a lot of it and so far I haven't lost any money on it ( i.e., I haven't sold it).  At least there is still 80% of its value left, unlike a gambling bet where you lose  all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment