Friday, July 15, 2011

Ponderings

As I was biking I noticed that smaller cars give us more room on the road then large cars.  I wonder if they are more considerate than the big guys or are they just more concerned about damage to their cars?

***

Radio was TV before TV was TV.  We have a "Old Time Radio" show on Saturday nights.  It has shows like Gracie Allen & George Burns, Green Hornet, etc.  You have to use your imagination to "see" what is happening in the show.  When I was young I had a crystal radio which I constructed from a kit and used to listen to it at night when the radio stations increased their power.

I think that we are missing something when we watch TV and everything is there in front of us with very little left to our imagination.

***

I haven't been blogging for a while.  I think of subjects when I'm walking the dog but forget by the time I  get to the computer.  It looks like my kids have blog entries most days, ah, the advantages of youth (&  beer brewing or young kids).

When you ride hard on a mountain bike, sometimes you fall, otherwise you’re not riding hard. -President George Bush

The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community.- Ann Strong

“It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.”  Marilyn Monroe

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”  Steve Allen

“The more popular a person thinks he is in the blogosphere, the thinner his skin and the thicker his hypocrisy. This should be exactly the opposite: the higher you go the thicker the skin and thinner the hypocrisy.”  Guy Kawasaki

1 comment:

  1. It's because larger vehicles take up more of the lane, so there's less room for them to move over.

    ReplyDelete