Monday, March 4, 2013

No Refund!

Political Cartoons by Henry Payne

Political Cartoons by Nate Beeler

One of my pet peeves is when people have the IRS take out more from there paychecks and get a "refund",  Even with a good president (unlike now) I don't believe in giving the government a free loan.  Take the extra out of your check and put it in a savings account if you can't save!

An intersting article on "refunds: http://dealnews.com/tax-day/

Also people are increasing their personal debt more now: http://creditfederal.com/article/articles/135/1/Personal-Debt-Increasing  another bad sign!

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, if you don't pay the IRS enough over the year, they hit you with a fee at tax filing time (which is greater than the interest I am able to get in a savings account). So, if you are going to err, you want to err on the side of overpaying the estimated tax.

    That being said, I agree with you. It annoys me when I hear people happy about getting a refund and/or telling me how they withhold more so that they get refunds.

    ReplyDelete