Thursday, September 17, 2009

Take charge & Biking

I was complaining to my Lovely Wife (I do that a lot, the poor woman!) about the Bible Study that the pastor is now leading. It has us go into little groups (usually 2 people) to discuss things & I was saying that I liked the way I led the morning study better. She remarked that that was because I am a "Take charge" kind of guy. I never thought of myself as a "Take charge" type person. I do like to do things the way I like to do them though.

While I was biking home from the above mentioned Bible Study, I noticed that young people do not respond to my cheery "Good Morning" but either snarl at me or just look away. Whereas, older people tend to respond back.

Also I was approaching from behind a couple on the bike path today, I noticed that they were on the left side of the path so I said "Passing on the right," As soon as I was close to the woman (she was behind) she started to move over to the right & was startled to see me there. So I went into the grass on the right of the path to avoid her & in front the man was moving over to the right & remarked something like "I guess I mean the left" and passed him to the left.

It is interesting how people just do things the way it is normally done without listening.

“When placed in command take charge.” Norman Schwarzkopf

“We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within.” Earl Nightingale

“When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life.” Abert F. Geoffrey

take charge assume control or responsibility : the candidate must take charge of an actual flight.
ORIGIN Middle English (in the general senses [to load] and [a load] ): from Old French charger (verb), charge (noun), from late Latin carricare, carcare ‘to load,’ from Latin carrus ‘wheeled vehicle.’

No comments:

Post a Comment