Friday, September 11, 2009

You Lie!

A SC-R congressman couldn't hold it in any more & said "You Lie!" to P.O. the other night. The fact that P.O. was lying (e.g., health care as not adding to the deficit, etc.) has not been mentioned as much as the fact that someone who rude to the Prez. P.O. also talked about those lying others (R's) but that was not "relevant."

It is interesting about lies we don't let them bother us as much as we use to let them. We use to hold politicians accountable for their lies but now we say "well they are pols so how can we except them to be honest!"

Parents often lie to their kids "it won't hurt", "we have no money for X", "we never Y when we were kids". What do you answer to someone if they ask how they look when it looks like they were in a accident with a lot of food? (Fortunately I don't have to lie about my lovely wife, she always looks good to me!)

White lies, black lies, what is the difference?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you” Friedrich Nietzsche

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” Pietro Aretino

“Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'” Charles M. Schulz

Tell your friend a lie. If he keeps it secret, then tell him the truth.” Proverb

LIAR, (n) A lawyer with a roving commission (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment