Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Three

I seem to use the number three a lot.

When I am climbing the hill near to our house on the way home; I count 3 rotation with my right foot leading and then 3 starting with the left. This helps me forget that I am climbing a hill (nothing like the mountains my son climbs in his bike) & that I am tired (since this is the last big hill before home) and want that hill to be over.

When I am nervous or bored, I brush my finger tips with my thumb 3 times starting oneway & then 3 the other; when I get to the thumb I use my index finger on the thumb and then back down again reversing the process.

We had 3 children (a daughter & 2 boys); my son has 3 people in his immediate family (his wife & 2 boys); my daughter has 3 boys (not counting the older husband).

In my religion, three is also very important also (Father, Son and Holy Ghost {or Spirit if you are more modern but I learned HG when I was young and have always liked that designation}).

I always have liked numbers since my uncle used to give me math problems to solve when I was very young.


Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them. Mark Twain

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.

All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.

There are three faithful friends - an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.

There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self. Benjamin Franklin

three (cardinal number) equivalent to the sum of one and two; one more than two; (Roman numeral: iii, III)
ORIGIN Old English thrīe (masculine), thrīo, thrēo (feminine), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch drie and German drei, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin tres and Greek treis.

No comments:

Post a Comment