Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gifts

It is very hard for me to buy gifts for my lovely wife.  I have no fashion sense and don't understand winter / spring / fall / summer colors, so I buy things in colors that appeal to me.  My sister-in-law is able to buy clothes for my wife, I look at them when they arrive and they look bad, but my lovely wife puts them on and they are perfect on her.  I have tried to buy some jewelry for her but they don't work.  I bought her a Stand Mixer and that seems to be OK.

My kids ask me if I have any ideas at Christmas for gifts for her, but if I had any ideas I would use them myself.  I have tried asking what she wants, but that doesn't work (I guess after 41+ years of marriage I should know what she wants)!

Her birthday was a few days ago.  I think I finally got a gift she likes!  A friend of ours (she is in the Swedish Singing group with my lovely wife) is a piano teacher; so I asked if she would be willing to take on another student for 5 lessons (that number to see if my LW would enjoy it and if not could stop) and she said she would be glad to.  So my gift was the lessons!


If you want to say it with flowers, a single rose says: "I'm cheap!" Delta Burke


The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.   Johnny Carson


“Everyone is gifted - but some people never open their package”


Nothing’s as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas.



“Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.”  Bil Keane


"Christmas is the season when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money."



gift (n) 1 a thing given willingly to someone without payment; • an act of giving something as a present : his mother's gift of a pen.
2 a natural ability or talent 
ORIGIN Middle English : from Old Norse gipt; related to give

No comments:

Post a Comment