Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot!

Those of you that know me know that I hate hot weather!   I especially hate hot & muggy!  I think my response to hot & muggy causes my wife discomfort.  Since we do not have air conditioning (I know somewhere out of the middle ages (I guess I won't mention our lack of cable or sat TV)), I try to keep the house cool by keeping the drapes closed which makes the house dark and dreary and it still gets hot!

The last few days it has been near 90 F and muggy.  On Sunday, I bicycled from and back to the church.  I was drenched in sweat.  I almost didn't go back (my wife's Swedish Glee Club spring concert was at our church in the afternoon).

It seems that older people like hot weather, I guess that just goes to show that my lovely wife and me aren't old!


“What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance” Jane Austen


How can the weather be hot as hell one day and cold as hell another?



Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.   Kin Hubbard



“There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” John Ruskin



Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?  Kelvin Throop III



Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.  George Carlin



In Scotland, there is no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.  Billy Connelly



You know what they say about Chicago. If you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes.  Ralph Kiner



WEATHER, n.  The climate of the hour. A permanent topic of conversation among persons whom it does not interest, but who have inherited the tendency to chatter about it from naked arboreal ancestors whom it keenly concerned. The setting up official weather bureaus and their maintenance in mendacity prove that even governments are accessible to suasion by the rude forefathers of the jungle. (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment