Monday, August 9, 2010

Medicine


One of my favorite comedians is Tim Hawkins, above is his video of medicine side effects.  There is a pill that now  (Seasonique) that reduces the number of periods that women have.  If you read the possible side effects they include most common are nausea, vomiting, bleeding or spotting between periods, breast tenderness, and difficulty wearing contact lenses.  Isn't bleeding the same as a period?

There are ads for depression meds that  list the side effect of suicide and depression.  Let's see if I get this; you take this medicine if you are depressed but it causes death & depression!

My lovely wife and I listen to the medicine ads just waiting for the possible side effects and wondering why would anyone take medicines?


Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.  Erma Bombeck


God heals and the doctor takes the fee. Benjamin Franklin


First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me. Steve Martin 


My doctor is wonderful. Once, in 1955, when I couldn’t afford an operation, he touched up the X-rays. Joey Bishop


Medicine, the only profession that labors incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence.  James Bryce 


The patient is not likely to recover who makes the doctor his heir. Thomas Fuller



MEDICINE, n.  A stone flung down the Bowery to kill a dog in Broadway (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment