Saturday, August 14, 2010

Anniversary

The other day (8/10) my Lovely Wife and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary.  We were mmphkah years old when we married (it is interesting that my LW is still only 20 something).

We spent a quiet day at home with me roasting some beef with baked potatoes and salad plus ice cream for dessert.  Most of our anniversaries are spent quietly at home. On one of our anniversaries we went to a riding stable and rode 2 horrible horses named Orville and Peanut; her horse sort of did what my LW wanted but mine felt that he has worked enough for the year.

On our 25th anniversary, we went to a dude ranch in MI, where the horses were much nicer.  On our 40th anniversary we went to a dude ranch (Peaceful Valley) in CO.  We rode horses at least once a day and had a lot of fun plus there were s'mores and great meals 3 times a day (my LW feels any meal she doesn't have to make is great).

I am very lucky to have such a wonderful LW!


By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.  Socrates 


Marriage: a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose.  Beverly Nichols 


If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?



Then there was a man who said, 'I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late.'


My wife and I were happy for 20 years - then we met.  Rodney Dangerfield 


The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.  Henry Youngman 


A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.  Milton Berle



Marrying for love may be a bit risky, but it is so honest that God can't help but smile on it.  Josh Billings




When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife is.



Do not marry a man to reform him. That is what reform schools are for." Mae West



MARRIAGE, n.  The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two. (DD)

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I was thinking about you, just didn't get my thoughts translated into action...maybe I should start mobilizing now for next year.

    ReplyDelete