Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mlother's Day

My father died when I was 5, so my mother was left to raise 3 kids 5, 3, & 2 by herself She got a job as a secretary & got an aunt to watch us and raised us. She is a remarkable woman.

Shortly after we had our oldest son, I joined the Navy (in part to avoid the draft but also I was tired of school ). I was in the sub service & I would go away for 3-4 months at a time. We had our daughter while I was in the Navy at a shipyard for a refit. So my wife had to raise the kids by herself when I was under the sea basically unavailable. My wife is a marvelous person & mother.

We should all respect & call our Mothers at least on Mother's Day. I actually called mine early so I wouldn't forget!

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. ~Spanish Proverb

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty

The only mothers it is safe to forget on Mother's Day are the good ones. ~Mignon McLaughlin,

mother (n) 1 a woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth. • a person who provides the care and affection normally associated with a female parent • a female animal in relation to its offspring
ORIGIN Old English mōdor, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch moeder and German Mutter, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin mater and Greek mētēr.

No comments:

Post a Comment