Thursday, May 28, 2009

NO WHAT?

As I may have already mentioned we have No Cable TV, no Air Conditioner, 1 TV (not HDTV yet) & 1 car. In general these are not problems.

But as is obvious, I am a Redwings' fan. Since they were playing the Chi Blackhawks, I was able to listen to them on the local radio station. It might have been nice to watch their games, since the announcers were complaining about many missed calls against my team by the refs; I would have liked to see the game to "notice" any missed calls on the BHs! Now most of the finals will be on Cable, so I will miss the games unless I go online to listen to the Redwing broadcast.

A/C would be nice when it is very hot in the summer especially at night. Since we live in the Midwest, the weather isn't way too hot most of the times; but 2-4 times a year it would be nice.

1 car isn't so bad in general when only one of us goes somewhere the other is usually at home (usually me at home, my wife is much more social).

1 TV is not a problem since we watch the same programs most of the time; and I can watch the TV programs that I miss on the computer.

We don't live like hermits; we have DSL and computers; but we (mainly me) are cheap.

"Rather to go to bed supperless than rise in debt"- Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship"- Benjamin Franklin

"He who does not economize will have to agonize"-Confusius

cheap (adj) low in price; worth more than its cost ; inexpensive because of inferior quality : cheap, shoddy goods. • informal miserly; stingy • of little worth because achieved in a discreditable way requiring little effort
PHRASES
dirt cheap |ˈˈdərt ˈtʃip| very cheap or cheaply
on the cheap informal at a low cost
ORIGIN late 15th cent.: from an obsolete phrase good cheap [a good bargain,] from Old English cēap [bargaining, trade,] based on Latin caupo ‘small trader, innkeeper.’

No comments:

Post a Comment