Thursday, December 22, 2011

Facebook

I have recently joined Facebook.  It is good in some respects, I found a long lost friend (real friend not just Facebook "friend").

It seems to not be as intuitive as I would like.  I tried to upload a video of a slideshow and it was being 'processed" so I tried to look at the help section to see how long processing should take.  The only reference was that it could take several minutes, in addition, it seemed if I left the page where processing was occurring it would be lost.  So I left after a few hours & tried a couple of other browsers & a Windows browser with the same results.  It turns out that it keeps "processing" whether you are on the page or close the browser.

To top it off, Facebook thought that the music in the background was a copyright violation & if I tried to upload it again without defending myself I would lose the ability to upload videos.  Well after 4-5 hours I started to get the violation notices from all my attempts and now I am prevented from uploading videos.  The slideshow was using the iMovie music, so I was probably not really violating the policy, but it seems easier to not upload anything else.

Another problem I had was that I have a Waukegan Swedish Glee Club channel that I am administering and wanted to "Share" those videos on a Facebook page; so I hit share & put in an different name then my Facebook name.  So they started another Facebook account.  Eventually I corrected the problem, But sometimes I wonder if I am meant to be online!

Facebook is like jail, you sit around and waste time, write on walls, and get poked by people you don't know.

I want to make a Facebook account and the name will be Nobody so when I see stupid crap people post, I can Like it. And it will say Nobody Likes This.

I changed all my passwords to 'incorrect'. So my computer just tells me when I forget.

Facebook is a polite way of being nosey


Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for signing up for swagbucks. Let me know if you need any tips.

    ReplyDelete