Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Most Admired


What man that you have heard or read about, living today in any part of the world, do you admire most? And who is your second choice?
                                                     2011 

2010 
2009 
2008 








Barack Obama 
17 
22 
30 
32 






George W. Bush 






Bill Clinton 






Rev. Billy Graham 






Warren Buffett 






6t 
Newt Gingrich 






6t 
Donald Trump 
-- 
-- 






Pope Benedict XVI 






Bill Gates 






10 
Thomas Monson 

















11     Tim Tebow
     1 
-- 
 * 
 -- 





12     The Dalai Lama 
     1 
 1 
 * 
  1 






13     Mitt Romney 
     1 
 * 
 * 
 * 






14     Rush Limbaugh 
      1 
  1 
  1 
  * 






Results are based on telephone interviews conducted December 15-18, 2011 with a random sample of –1,019—adults, aged 18+, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia

Thomas Spencer Monson (born August 21, 1927) is an American religious leader and author, and the 16th and current President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (for those of us who didn't know who he was).

My list would be very different.  

1.  My Wife  - She has put up with me for many years and raised great children.
2.  My mother - She raised 3 very young children on her own & is very generous.
3/4.  My son & daughter - They have turned to be great people & parents. 
5/6.  My son-in-law & daughter-in-law - Great parents & people/
(OK I know they are not all men!)

Then I might add the Pope, Dalai Lama, Billy Graham, and Tim Tebow not necessarily in that order.

Barrack Obama, Bill Clinton & Donald Trump would not be anywhere on the radar screen!

Actually at the bottom of the poll is:

Friend/Relative 






Other 
25 
27 
19 
19 







None/No opinion 
32 
25 
25 
25







A hero is someone we can admire without apology.  Kitty Kelley

A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it.  Israel Zangwill

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.  W. H. Auden

Animals do not admire each other. A horse does not admire its companion.  Thomas Mann

ADMIRATION, n. Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves. (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment