Friday, February 26, 2010

Filling Up

While I was filling up my gas tank today, I noticed that the dollars gauge was going very fast vs. the gallons of gas pumped.  I remember when the gallons went much faster than the dollars, the lowest gas price I remember paying was 19¢/gal (i.e., over 5 gallons per dollar).  It used to be hard to carry $10 worth of groceries; but now I am much stronger and can carry $10 in one hand (in part of a bag)!

I remember when $10,000 a week was a fortune!  I remember paying $500 for my first car (used Pontiac Tempest when it was really a compact car).

Sometimes it is not an advantage to remember things! 

A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen.~Edward de Bono

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards colored rags and throws away food.  ~Austin O'Malley 

There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.  ~Josh Billings 

“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.”

“When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.” Mark Twain 

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” Mark Twain 

memory (n) 1 a person's power to remember things • the power of the mind to remember things • the mind regarded as a store of things remembered  • the capacity of a substance to return to a previous state or condition after having been altered or deformed. See also shape memory .
ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French memorie, from Latin memoria, from memor ‘mindful, remembering.’

No comments:

Post a Comment