- Nelson of Neb (Nebraska Democrat sellout’s special Medicaid expansion subsidy will initially cost an estimated $100 million),
- Vermont and Massachusetts will get similar (though less generous) special treatment by the feds in covering Medicaid expansion costs,
- $100 million item for construction of a university hospital was inserted in the Senate health care bill at the request of Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn ;
- nonprofit insurance companies will be exempt from a new, nearly $7 billion tax to pay for Demcare. Democrat Sens. Ben Nelson and Carl Levin of Michigan,;
- increase in Medicare payments to hospitals and doctors, the NYT reports, — “where at least 50 percent of the counties are ‘frontier counties,’ defined as those having a population density less than six people per square mile. And which are the lucky states? The bill gives no clue. But the Congressional Budget Office has determined that Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming meet the criteria" ;
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., scored a big victory, too, with the inclusion in the amendment package of $10 billion to expand community health centers across the country — including at least two more in Vermont;
- “Three states – Pennsylvania, New York and Florida – all won protections for their Medicare Advantage beneficiaries at a time when the program is facing cuts nationwide.”;
- MARY LANDRIEU AND LOUISIANA: $300 million.
The congressmen take an oath when they are sworned in : I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
It seems to me that the congressmen are only looking out for the "us" in their own states. I think they should look out for the entire country the U.S.A.. They are trying to fix what they see as bad deals for their states which are bad deals for everyone not just them.
“He's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf, a horse's health, a boy's love, or a whore's oath.” William Shakespeare
“It is not the oath that makes us believe the man, but the man the oath” Aeschylus
“A liar freely gives his oath”
“If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it" Tom Lehrer
OATH, ( n) In law, a solemn appeal to the Deity, made binding upon the conscience by a penalty for perjury. D.D.