Monday, February 22, 2010

Sundays' Dinner

On Sunday, we leave early for Church so we can lead a Bible study starting at 8 AM.  It seems that we don't get back before noon due to various other activities at Church.  So I have been using my lovely wife's crock-pot to make dinner; so when we come home we can eat.  My first 2 meals were Beef Stew, my last one was Chicken Stew.


GDad's Chicken Stew
3 chicken breasts (half breasts skinless and boneless)
1 medium to large baking potato  (can use 2 baking or 4-5 red)
3 red potatoes
1 cup of onions (cut up)
1 cup carrots (sliced / cut up)
1 cup green / red peppers (cut up)
1 cup celery (cut up)
1 T parsley
1 can Hunt's spaghetti sauce (used Herb and Garlic)


Directions:
Cut up Chicken into small pieces.  Microwave chicken for 3-4 minutes (half way thru mix up so uncooked parts are revealed).
Put sauce and parsley into crock-pot.  Put in Chicken into sauce and coat with sauce.
Add all rest of the ingredients and mix up.
Cook in pot for 7 to 8 hours.


Notes:  
Used 4.5 qt. crock-pot and it was too small during cooking.
Anyone who knows my type of cooking knows that I don't use exact measurements so above cups are +/- some (probably +).
Any type spaghetti sauce would probably be OK, but Hunt's is the cheapest and has flavors we like.
Cut up sizes are not that important; I have a generic size that works for me.
I cook the Chicken before putting in because that way I am sure it is cooked.
Have fun!


I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking.  Katherine Cebrian


Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat. Jim Davis


Once, during prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.  W. C. Fields


I don't like food that's too carefully arranged; it makes me think that the chef is spending too much time arranging and not enough time cooking. If I wanted a picture I'd buy a painting. Andy Rooney


McDonalds announced it’s considering a more humane way of slaughtering its animals. You know they fatten them up and then kill them. You know the same thing they do to their customers, isn’t it?  Jay Leno


cook (v)   1 [ trans. ] prepare (food, a dish, or a meal) by combining and heating the ingredients in various ways  • [ intrans. ] (of food) be heated so that the condition required for eating is reached  • ( cook something down) heat food and cause it to thicken and reduce in volume ORIGIN Old English cōc (noun), from popular Latin cocus, from Latin coquus

No comments:

Post a Comment