Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthdays

I have 5 grandsons.  The first birthday in the year is Tyler's.  Every year, it catches me by surprise.  I put it in my calendar on my laptop so it would popup at me a few days ahead of time.  It popped up a few days ago and I promptly forgot it.  Today my son's blog had pictures and videos from Tyler's birthday party; this was my wake-up call.  I don't love Tyler any less than the other grandkids but his birthday is first and for some reason I think it should be on March 24 (there is no reason for this but that is how my mind works); so I tend to send the two April birthday boys' cards and checks soon after Tyler's birthday so I don't forget.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!

I promise that next year I might get it right.  I guess I should just blame the post office for delivering the mail late.

Ignore all the above, it must be the Post Office's fault!

Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.


Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday.' Steven Wright


Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.  Father Larry Lorenzoni


A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday  Erma Bombeck


A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.  Robert Frost



Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened.  Cora Harvey Armstrong



To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.  Bernard Baruch



birthday (n)  the annual anniversary of the day on which a person was born, typically treated as an occasion for celebration and present-giving  • the day of one's birth • the anniversary of something starting or being founded

No comments:

Post a Comment