Thursday, March 4, 2010

Haircut

Yesterday, I got a haircut.  Looking at the cut hair I noticed that there was a lot of silver (some incorrectly call it gray) hair pieces.  When I was working, some follow workers told me that by cutting my beard I look much younger.  At that time, I figured looking older was a good idea.  My job was evaluating the job performance or training of nuclear operators; so I figured that looking older would give me an advantage in that they would either look on me as a father figure or figure that I was not as sharp as I was.

I looked at a picture of me with my lovely wife and youngest son and noticed that I did not have as much silver (actually none).  Some people might think from this spotty evidence that I was getting older!  Since I feel that you are as old as you act, I can't be older that 25 or 26.  Interesting that I have a 40 year old son; it is amazing the wonders of creation. Plus I have a sexy wife who looks young!


You know you are over the hill when:
You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.
You're setting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes up and helps you cross your legs.
You light the candles on your birthday cake and a group of campers form a circle & start singing "Kumbaya"
Someone compliments you on your layered look --and you are wearing a bikini.
Your insurance company has started sending their free clendars -- a month at a time.
At cafeterias, you complain that the jello is too tough.
One of the throw pillows on your bed is a hot-water bottle.
It takes a couple of trys to get over a speed bump.
You notice that you are using words like "whippersnapper","scalawag" and "by-cracky".
The waiter ask how you'd like your steak and you reply,"Pureed."
You realize that a stamp costs more than movie(picture show) did when you were a kid.
You're asleep, but others think you are dead.
You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
You find your self singing along with elevator music.
Your'e on a game show and decide to risk it all and go for the rocker.
You believe that 8 miles a hour is fast enough for anyone to drive.
Your ears have more hair than your head



OLD, adj.  In that stage of usefulness which is not inconsistent with general inefficiency, as an old man. Discredited by lapse of time and offensive to the popular taste, as an old book.
    "Old books?  The devil take them!" Goby said.
    "Fresh every day must be my books and bread."
    Nature herself approves the Goby rule
    And gives us every moment a fresh fool.   Harley Shum  (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment