Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Choices

I was thinking on the dog walk this morning about the choices I made and the consequences from them.  I applied to 2 colleges when I was getting ready to graduate from high school.  MSU and U of Mich, MSU offered me a tuition scholarship and a job (bus-boying) since I did not have much money I decided to go to MSU.

While I was at MSU, I met Vic and we became roommates.  One of the girls that Vic dated was my Lovely Wife.  We double dated to a movie ?Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round."  Later I asked her to marry me and she said yes (a couple of years later, not right after the movie, I don't remember who my date was).

Due to the decision to go to MSU & go on a double date, we had 3 children and 5 grandchildren.  Without those decisions, we probably would not have met and there would be many fewer people in the world.  I am glad that I did and she said yes!  We have been married for many years and I am a very lucky guy.

1 comment:

  1. good choice!!!

    I often wonder how many choice the average person actually makes a day...do you think it's over 10,000?

    ReplyDelete