Monday, April 30, 2012

Pro Sports

I root for certain sports teams and against others.  But I never want anyone to be injured.  Chicago sports has had 2 major injuries to their favorite sports' teams.

Toward the end of the football season, Jay Cutler was injured and missed the final games.

And recently Derrick Rose injured his ACL near the end of the first playoff game.

After the Cutler injury, the Bears lost the rest of their games.  They were close to my Lions before the injury, but finished behind them.

Rose has been injured for much of the season, he missed something like 27 games during the regular season, and his team won 2/3 of them.  But playoff basketball is different, so they are at hugh disadvantage.  The coach is taking some heat because he left Rose in with 80 seconds to go with the Bulls up 12-14 points.

Rose appears to be a "good guy."  So I hope he can come back next year at his full potential.

*****

I found this fun article when searching for something else:

Fun Ways to Tell Your Husband You Are Pregnant
Pooch Delivery
I wrote "Mama's Pregnant" on a piece of paper and attached it to our dog's collar. When my husband came home, our dog ran to greet him. Once he realized what was going on, he couldn't stop beaming.
Colleen, San Diego, California
Made with Love
One night, when my husband came home from work, I told him there was something sweet in the oven. When he opened it up, he found a large bun on a plate. Puzzled, he just stood there until I shouted, "Honey, there's a bun in our oven!" He was so shocked, he didn't believe me.
Melissa, Alexandria, Virginia
Spell It Out
My husband and I are huge fans of Scrabble. So, when it came time to tell him we were expecting our first child, I couldn't think of a better way to share the news than to spell it out while playing our favorite board game. My husband was ecstatic!
Sally, Destin, Florida
Shirting the Subject
Once I discovered I was pregnant, I embroidered a shirt for our 1-year-old son that read, "I'm a Big Brother." I put the shirt on our son right before my husband came home from work. He walked in, read the shirt, and became very excited.
Tricia, San Francisco, California
A Sweet Surprise
I planned a theme dinner for my husband. I made baby corn and carrots, baby back ribs, and for dessert I walked out with a big red bow around my belly, holding a small bowl of Sugar Babies. He loved it!
Carla, Allentown, Pennsylvania
Seeing Red
Minutes before my husband came home, I wrote "You're a Daddy!" on my belly with bright red lipstick. The look on his face was priceless!
Rachel, Camden, Michigan
The Secret's in the Sauce
I created a label that read "Andie & Michael Are Prego" and placed it on a jar of pasta sauce. That night, I suggested we make spaghetti for dinner. After handing my husband the jar, I watched him carefully. Within seconds, he was grinning from ear to ear!
Andean, Olney, Maryland
It's in the Bag
My husband is a golf addict. When I found out I was pregnant with our first child, I gave him a gift bag. Inside was a onesie that said "Daddy's Future Caddy." He was so happy he cried.
Judith, Hazlet, New Jersey
On the Bottle
I made dinner plans at our favorite restaurant and dropped off a baby bottle that I had decorated and written "It's a Baby!" on beforehand. That night when we arrived for dinner, I asked the manager to serve my husband's beverage in the bottle. At first, my hubby was totally baffled, but once he read the bottle's message, he quickly leapt out of his chair with excitement! ( http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-life/preparing-for-baby/fun-ways-to-tell-your-husband-you-are-pregnant/)
Heidi, Kailua, Hawaii
Originally published in American Baby magazine, May 2005.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget Hossa getting carted off the ice on a stretcher which knocked him out in the playoffs. Jonny Toews had that concussion that kept him out for all of the stretch-run of the regular season.

    Injuries are part of the game, so you cannot really claim the excuse. But, the Bulls were likely to make a run at a championship. Now, there is no way anyone would give them that chance.

    ReplyDelete