Sunday, April 15, 2012

Minimums


Our Church recently had a sermon series on the book "What's the Least I Can Believe and Still Be a Christian?"

It starts out with 10 things you don't need to believe and than has 10 things you need to believe to be a Christian.  The author talks about how he was asked that question and this is his take on the answer.

This book is good at what it attempts to do.  

But sometimes I think that the least attitude is too prevalent today.  What is the least I can do to remain married, what is the least I can do to raise the kids, what is the least I can do to keep my job, I can go on unemployment and make as much as working.

This country was created as an opportunity for excellence.  Going the extra mile, creating industries, protecting its citizens.  Our founding fathers were not minimalists  but maximumists.

The book title is what set me off not the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment