Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Singing Prequel

WSGC and WSWC Uniforms (date is incorrect should be Dec 2011)
My Lovely Wife(LW) has sang in the various Church choirs and certain other choral organizations for many of the years that we have been married.  She joined our present Church choir when the churches were united into Trinity United Lutheran Church about 20 or so years ago.

She has a lovely voice(which goes with the LW part) and enjoys singing.  About 5 or 6 years ago, I decided to join the choir also. I am not a great singer but I enjoy singing, and our choir director makes it fun.

About 6 years ago, my LW joined the Waukegan Swedish Women's Chorus an offshoot of the Waukegan Swedish Glee Club.  She has sung in an AUSS (American Union of Swedish Singers) National Convention and a regional convention.

This year I decided to try to join the Waukegan Swedish Glee Club (WSGC).  The WSGC sings a little over 50% of the songs in Swedish.  To join the WSGC, you must attend 12 practices and then sing a audition for the Music Committee as a quartet (I sing Baritone so with a Bass, 1st & 2nd Tenors) a song of our own choosing.  I picked It's Grand Night for Singing from State Fair.  I did what I considered a horrible job.  

But for some reason they thought I might have potential and they accepted me.  Since then I have sung at the Salvation Army, at the Julmiddag, at a rest home and then last Friday at the Festival of Music.  I still am not as good of a singer as I hope to be, but I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment