Sunday, March 1, 2009

Match.com

All of the relationship websites seem to tell you that only if you & your date match each other in at least 40 - 400 different factors of personality can you be happy with that person.

My wife and I are different people (of course we have only been married 40+ years). She has many wonderful qualities; she is kind, smart, pretty, & considerate.

I like sports she feels they are a waste of time; she is a great singer I try but do not have the artistic abilities she has. I like finance things she lets me do the finances. I like to pick up as I work (like in the kitchen); she would rather cleanup later all at once. I tend to put things in their place (since my memory is not as good as hers) she tends to use all the space.

She was great with our kids; I tended to work too much & didn't spend as much time with them as I should have. I am very lucky she married me.

For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. Bill Cosby

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.Friedrich Nietzsche

There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends. Homer


Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate. ~Barnett R. Brickner

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin

MARRIAGE, (n) The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two. (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment