Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cold

When it is cold for a long time (weeks in a row), I get use to the cold & I don't notice it.  However, if it is warm for a few days and then gets cold again, the cold seems so much colder.

Plus, it seems to me that people catch colds easier in the above situation.  We have had bunch of warmer days (above freezing) & now it has turned cold again, when I took Frisbit on the morning walk this morning it was cold (with a strong wind); I must be getting more wimpy as I get older!

A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water. ~Carl Reiner

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. ~Patrick Young

Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella. ~Pepper Giardino

“Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” Oscar Wilde

“Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.” Mark Twain

CLAIRVOYANT, (n) A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron, namely, that he is a blockhead (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment