Saturday, January 21, 2012

Infidelity

There has been a lot of  Newt's infidelity in the news lately.  I just can't understand it (infidelity).  When I was in the Navy and we visited foreign ports (especially in Japan), it was as if many sailors' marriages did not exist.

The sailors would visit bars and give the girls "Cherry Drinks."  After the port visits (I was in submarines), we would have to set aside special toilet facilities for the sailors that had caught a disease.  Sailors included officers and enlisted.

When I married many years ago to my Lovely Wife, I made a vow that I would be faithful and I have.  I can't understand why people do it; have they not married the right person?  Do rules not apply to them? Do vows not matter? Is go with the flow the mantra of modern people?


“It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe.” Thomas Paine



“Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined.” Katherine Anne Porter


IMMORAL, adj. Inexpedient. Whatever in the long run and with regard to the greater number of instances men find to be generally inexpedient comes to be considered wrong, wicked, immoral. If man's notions of right and wrong have any other basis than this of expediency; if they originated, or could have originated, in any other way; if actions have in themselves a moral character apart from, and nowise dependent on, their consequences — then all philosophy is a lie and reason a disorder of the mind. (DD)

No comments:

Post a Comment