Thursday, January 19, 2012

What Parents want for their kids

I was thinking about the above subject during my morning walk with Frisbit.

My list includes : better life than us, good health, good spouses, intelligence, a religious background, and happiness. I'm pretty sure that our kids have most of the above.

Both of them are more intelligent then me (I'm not too dumb either).  Both have excellent spouses who great parents in their own right.  They both belong and contribute to their churches.  They both seem to be happy (son in making beer & his kids, daughter with her kids & activities).  They both are fairly healthy.

I wish I could take more credit for how they turned out, but my wife is more responsible then I am.

I decided to use the internet and search for "what parents want for their children" and found some interesting (for some reason I type intersting when I want interesting, interesting huh?)  things.

What Kindergarten Teachers Wish Parents Knew : 

1. Your job isn’t over when you drop your little one off at school; it has only just begun.
2. This is not your grandfather’s kindergarten.
3. The more self-control your child has, the more successful he will be in school.
4. Make yourself known. Come in. Look around.
5. Your child needs lots of opportunities for play outside of school.
6. Reading to your child once a day is not enough.
7. Writing exploration at home is critical
8. Homework is an opportunity for talking, sharing, and listening
9. Television and video games use up valuable playtime.
10. First-hand experiences are another teacher for your child.


Here is a list of the top ten things students around the world said they remembered and loved most about their mothers.
Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
Let me play outside a lot.
Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
 Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment