Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday

It is back to a normal Sunday.  The Trinity United choir is singing again.

We have been off for 2 weeks since the Christmas program on Christmas Eve.  I enjoy singing, I'm not that good at it but I try.  Plus we get to wear choir robes and don't have to worry about what to wear!

Our choir director is Josh, he makes singing fun.  He says after we have practiced a piece "that will be fine";  however, we are not so sure especially me.  It seems at the practices that we sound bad, but during the singing in Church we do sound fine (or even sometimes good)!


All God's Critters Got a Place in the Choir  By Bill Staines
All God's critters got a place in the choir
Some sing low, some sing higher
Some sing out loud on the telephone wire
And some just clap their hands, or paws
Or anything they got.


“I love to hear a choir. I love the humanity to see the faces of real people devoting themselves to a piece of music. I like the teamwork. It makes me feel optimistic about the human race when I see them cooperating like that.”  Paul McCartney


“The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion.” Fred Allen


“I wasn't a cheerleader or in the choir. I didn't have loads of friends.” Gwen Stefan


“She marking them begins a wailing note And sings extemporally a woeful ditty; How love makes young men thrall and old men dote; How love is wise in folly, foolish-witty: Her heavy anthem still concludes in woe, And still the choir of echoes answer so” William Shakespeare


“Oh may I join the choir invisible / Of those immortal dead who live again / In minds made better by their presence.” George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment