Monday, February 20, 2012

Mamma Mia

Thank You for the Music.(ABBA)

We are singing with the women Thank You for the Music by ABBA.  The above link is on YouTube of ABBA singing it.  We found the link to help us in getting it right since there are some unusual rhythms.

This led us to other ABBA songs and the musical MAMMA MIA.  ABBA was popular in the late 70's & 80's but we missed it.

But looking at their work now, we really enjoy it.  MAMMA MIA is basically a vehicle for the singing of ABBA's songs.  The movie (and I assume the musical) does not have a great plot, but has wonderful music.

We bought the ABBA Gold CD album and the London Mamma Mia CD.  We use them in our new car (since it has a CD player unlike the old one which had a cassette tape player) when we are going for a longish journey, they really help the time to go with their upbeat songs.  we also bought a used copy of the movie Mamma Mia.  If you like upbeat songs that are sing a long songs, I recommend ABBA!

Here is a listing of the songs on the musical CD:

 1. Overture / Prologue
 2. Honey Honey
 3. Money, Money, Money
 4. Thank You For The Music
 5. Mamma Mia
 6. Chiquitita
 7. Dancing Queen
 8. Lay All Your Love On Me
 9. Super Trouper
10. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
11. The Name Of The Game
12. Voulez-Vous
13. Entr'act
14. Under Attack
15. One Of Us
16. S.O.S.
17. Does Your Mother Know
18. Knowing Me, Knowing You
19. Our Last Summer
20. Slipping Through My Fingers
21. Winner Takes It All
22. Take A Chance On Me
23. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
24. I Have A Dream





No comments:

Post a Comment