Saturday, August 25, 2012

1995

I just thought this was a clever cartoon!

There are some very important years in my life.  1968, 1970, 1973, 1986, 2001.  But one year stands out (at least it did this morning on the dog walk- many of my blog ideas come from the dog walk) - 1995.

In 1995, both of my older children got married to some wonderful people and I "retired."

The kids got married 2 weeks apart (we almost got into a car accident on the way to my son/s rehearsal picnic but other then that it was actually great fun).  So if I remember one of the dates, I can figure out the other.  Since our marriage was in August, I tend to remember my daughter's date first (which is good since it comes first).

I "retired" in 1995 because I had a 1 1/2 to 2 hour commute to my job and it was "killing" me.  Plus since the kids were married, we had fewer dependents and we could get along on our reduced income easier.

So 1995 was a great year which led to 5 grand children and less stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment