Monday, August 20, 2012

Mishmash >= 5

Hot weather and me do not work well together.  Most of July was extremely hot (IMO) and it was horrible.  But this month, so far, it has been wonderful.  The highs are in the 70's and the lows in the 50's.  This weather is great for biking or even walking the poor (fur covered) dog.

When we were in CO, the temperatures were in the high 80's or low 90's, but I didn't notice being extremely hot.  I guess low humidity really helps!  Plus the A/C helped too!

*****

It is getting close to starting to sing again.  The Swedish Glee Club starts on 5Sep and choir practice starts pretty soon too.  I like singing in both groups.  Plus when the choir sings we wear robes and I don't have to worry about what I wear to Church.

I am not a great singer, but I try.  It seems that choirs and Glee Clubs are getting smaller.  As Nancy Borkman says less singing in schools and Churches just singing in unison means less people to sing in organized groups.

****

It looks like Facebook has converted my Facebook page to the timeline format.  With most people I know and most critical review, I don't like it.  Why must organizations change things for change sake?

My Swedish Glee Club page has been changed for a while, but not my personal page until today.

*****

It is hard to believe that my little girl has been married 17 years.  It was just yesterday or the day before that she was born?

No comments:

Post a Comment