Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cutting the Grass

As I said one of the few advantages of the drought was that the grass did not need cutting.  Since we have had some rain in the last few weeks our grass is growing (or rather the weeds since they are tougher than what little grass we have).

Whenever I cut the grass, I fill the gas in the lawnmower to the top. Except when I am low on gas (like today) when I just put whatever is in the gas can.   When I cut the grass, I spend at least 2 days doing it.

With a full tank of gas the lawnmower will cut about 1/2 to 4/7  of the lawn.  Today since there was not much gas I figures I could start the back and be done in 30 minutes or so, but the gas kept lasting and lasting so I got most of the back, most of the side and started on the front.

I find that the gas outlives my ambition most times.  I feel that I have cut enough and want the gas to run out but it doesn't!  Today I got about an hour's worth of cutting, which is the amount I get with a full tank.

You might think that I could just stop cutting when I'm tired, but if I don't use the gas up it will evaporate in the lawnmower gas tank and the gas would be wasted.  And as I have mentioned once or twice, I am cheap and hate to waste anything that costs about $4 per gallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment