Tuesday, January 6, 2009

IL Politics

For those of you who are lucky enough to not live in IL, Gov. Blago (as he is affectionately known) has appointed R. Burris for the open "Obama" senate seat.  Burris is a afro-american who has basically done nothing to anger people, sort of an nondescript safe politician.  Sort of a brilliant move by Blago; no one could say that he bought the senate seat & as a minority should have been OK.

But the democrats in the US Senate will not seat him (as of today).  He was appointed by the reigning governor for an open seat & appears to me to be the legal senator (he is much too liberal for me, but probably less liberal the the Big O).

It amazes me the way democrats ignore the law (remember I come from a conservative viewpoint).  They are the party of if I say it it must be true if I say it enough.  They demonized G. Bush for the Iraq war even though they saw the same intelligence & agreed at the time;  they run Republicans out of office but allow $10,000 in the freezer Jeffries to remain in the house (actually he lost his seat this year to a R).

I guess we get the government we deserve!

SENATE, (n) A body of elderly gentlemen charged with high duties and misdemeanors (Devil's Dictionary)

No comments:

Post a Comment