Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Bike Ride

For our first new bike ride, we went to the Warren- Newport Library.  The picture is of my LW at the library checking for the name of an author to look up some books by him (the library did not have them).


The video is from our trip home.

There was some confusion on the gear shifting, but I think we finally have it figured out.  The metal part of the shifter moves the  chain to a larger sprocket and vice versa for the plastic part.  So the right lever metal, decreases speed (rear sprocket) and the metal left increases speed (if you pedal at the same number of revolutions per minute) or easier pedaling (right).

I took the video on an iPad when I was a little ahead of her.  I took another video but it is hard to see her, so I didn't include it here.

The trip is about 15-18 miles round trip with long steep hills (for IL, of course in general going uphill is much harder than the amount of a break we get from the downhills) on local highways and fairly level bike trail at the end (going).  Our next planned excursion will be bicycling to Church.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment