Saturday, June 30, 2012

Grand concert

Last night was the Grand Concert for the AUSS (American Union of Swedish Singers). I wish I could say that I sang beautifully but honesty leads me to say that I was at best adequate. I did OK on the English pieces but made a few errors on the Swedish ones.

The ladies sounded great especially my LW (actually I was too far away to hear her, but I know that she is wonderful). On Wednesday, the Waukegan Swedish Glee Club (my group) performed "Embracable You" and my LW came up (after a little coaching before hand, pleading actually before hand) and allowed me to sing the last few lines to her ( it was a surprise, only the conductor and I knew it ahead of time). We (my LW and I) received quite a few compliments about it (it was so cute). Interestingly, none of the other singers noticed that she came on stage, but the audience all saw it!

It is a lot of fun to sing with a large group of very good singers. Today is a free day except for the banquet later today. And then we go home tomorrow. After four hours of practice every day, it is nice to have a day off. We will probably walk around town and visit the college from "Gilmore Girls" ( Yale for those not familiar with the TV series). Unfortunately, we are done singing for a while, choir practice and Glee Club won't restart until September!

It will be good together back to home and our poor dog, since it has been over 90 degrees at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment